Problem DVD Drive

Madpad_001 19:38 31 Jul 05

Hi,

I have a Matsu*!@:a DVD -R drive connected to a MESH Laptop I bought a few years ago. I have some problems, 1) It does not always read a CD/DVD i have to reboot about 4 times before it starts to work again. Will cleaning the optical head solove this??

2) The drive is slot loading and on a few occiations does not eject the CD/DVD. It seams to get caught in the lip of the drive on the way out, can I fix this anyway??

Thanks in advance for your help. PS sorry for the poor spelling.

Cheers madpad.

maveric 08:11 01 Aug 05

This will help with the spelling click here
As for the DVD, they are so cheap now I would dump it and buy a new one! Sounds like its on its last legs.

User-312386 08:29 01 Aug 05

Spelling not a problem mate

Roght click My computer, select ptoperties and then hardware. Now click device manager, click the plus(+) of DVD/CD-ROMS, locate your and right click and then uninstall.

With regards to the ejecting it does appear as you say that it catches on the lip, mine does that a lot. Just wiggle the door a couple of times and then it opens

Madpad_001 20:28 08 Aug 05

Sorry for the delay,

But thanks for the help (good little program for spelling)

Going back to my problems

1} Used a head cleaner and now working fine but haed to clean the head 4 times.

PS. bought a second drive off the web whilist my drive was playing up, but as I had paided for it my current drive dicided to work again. But at least I have a second drive as a backup in case it goes wrong again.

Once more thanks for your help.

Madpad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009