Problem dualbooting with xp pro on 2 hard drives

madfishsteve 12:45 07 Apr 05

I have 2 hard drives and want to put xp pro on both so that I can set up one hard drive for the kids and one for the wife and mayself so that the kids cannot access our files.
I am having problems getting xp pro on the second drive useing partition magic, windows keeps saying the partition I am trying to load it on is not an xp compatible partition. Has anuone come across a similar problem and if so so how did they fix it.
Thanks in advance for any replies

Yoda Knight 12:48 07 Apr 05

Should work if you use the option during install to remove the partition and then create a new one (making sure you have the right drive !)

madfishsteve 18:52 07 Apr 05

Yoda I have tried that thanks and it did not work,I have also tried crx suggestion again to no avail.
I have now set up the second disc as master and loaded XP pro on that it now works with bothy discs connected and using boot magic, however when I choose the second drive it comes up with the message that it is setting up the second drive but nothing happens. If you then press any key windows loads on from the second disc.
any suggestions please.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:42 07 Apr 05

Why not just assign separate logins for each person and use the admin priviliges to close down sections?

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…