problem with dso exploits

0000jb0000 20:07 21 Jun 04

I have just bought a AMD ATHLONE 2600 PRO MODEL 40 Gig hard drive 256DDR RAM which has Spybot installed on it. I ran 'check for errors' not expecting to find anything. But (in red meaning real threat) was 'DSO Exploit 1 entries Registry change' It also said 'HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows'. I clicked the 'fix the problem' button, but it will not go away. What is it and how do I get rid?

mannock 20:27 21 Jun 04

have you tried turning off system restore first, then running your spyware cleaner?

Sans le Sou 20:34 21 Jun 04

spybot makes a backup in case you want to restore your changes. You can delete the backup if you want to.

TomJerry 21:28 21 Jun 04

I used Spybot to fix it, but it come back after the PC reboot. The strange thing is that other spy search program such as Spysweeper cannot find it.

It has nothing to do with Restore because I use Win2k which does not have restore.

Anyone know what this thing "dso exploits" really do, I think maybe Spybot is to sensitive to it.

TomJerry 21:33 21 Jun 04
  TomJerry 21:36 21 Jun 04
  Sans le Sou 21:44 21 Jun 04

So thats it - just a glitch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…