Problem-VIA driver wont install.

dagwoood 11:24 29 Jan 05

While looking in device manager I noticed that my PCI to CPU driver(INF driver)isn't installed.

I've tried to install it using the latest Hyperion driver package, but after restarting my system(as per the prompt after installing the INF driver), when I go back into device manager, the driver hasn't been installed.

Could anyone help me get this driver installed as I think it may cure a problem I'm having getting my graphics card to render in 2D(it's really slow).

I'm on XP SP2, and my m/b is an Asrock K7VT6(VIA KT600 northbridge, VT8237 southbridge). The 2 devices that would use the PCI bus are my sound card and my graphics card.

I have recently performed a clean install of my o/s, don't know whether that has anything to do with this.

Cheers, dagwoood.

ACOLYTE 11:33 29 Jan 05

Have you tried the motherboard cd? may need to install or upgrade the drivers.If you have the INF file you may be able to right click it and there may be an install option there.

dagwoood 16:09 29 Jan 05

Hello again ACOLYTE.

I've tried to install from my m/b pc but that didn't work :( On the cd, it's just an older version of the one I download from viaarena and had been using.

Cheers, dagwoood.

dagwoood 20:45 29 Jan 05

Above shoud read "from my m/b cd" and not pc.

dagwoood.

dagwoood 05:12 30 Jan 05

^

dagwoood 19:30 30 Jan 05

As per above, with XP SP2, does the INF driver(PCI to CPU bridge)have to be installed, or does the SP2 PCI bus driver do the same job?

I'm clutching at straw here guys!

dagwoood.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:45 30 Jan 05

In my system devices

Don't have the PCI to CPU bridge just the PCI Bus

XP pro SP2

dagwoood 21:43 30 Jan 05

Thanks for that Fruit Bat :)

Seems like I may have been looking for a device/driver that doesn't necessarily have to be installed(or, I think after doing a little digging, this driver could be given a different name now. Think the CPU to PCI bridge might be the Standard Host Bridge).

Cheers, dagwoood.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…