Problem downloading Sygate Personal Firewall

Camelhump 22:38 20 Mar 05

Having read recent post re firewalls, I decided to download Sygate Personal Firewall but am confused!

I have downloaded from several different sites in the past but this one is stumping me! When you first go to the Sygate site it says the file will be downloaded automatically. However, the next screen lists several different sites from which to download. I chose 'UK, Lancaster'. When I click on this site something appears to be loading but there is nothing to say what directory it is being downloaded to, nor any option to chose a different directory if required, as with most downloads.

I am having a problem with a different site -
click here in that I cannot access the logon page. The Bank suggeested that I remove the Google toolbar preventing pop-up ads which I have done but still cannot access their site.

I am running McAfee Antivirus and have checked for malicious ad-ware with Ad-Aware SE Personal.

Any advice given will be much appreciated

Technotiger 22:51 20 Mar 05

click here for AVG
click here for firewall
or click here for firewall (but only one at a time).

all free

Cheers.

Technotiger 22:52 20 Mar 05

only one firewall at a time that is.

Camelhump 21:29 21 Mar 05

which of the three Firewalls do you use?

I seem to remember trying to use Zone Alarm sometime ago and it seemed to cause more problems than it solved so I deleted it!

Technotiger 21:44 21 Mar 05

Hi, I use Kerio - my last click-here above.

Cheers.

sattman 21:56 21 Mar 05

This one for the Sygate download, look for the free version

I downloaded from her earlier today.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…