PROBLEM DOWNLOADING WITH ADOBE ACROBAT 5.0.5

cinemamagic 18:24 30 Jun 03

Adobe, rather discourteously, have failed to answer a question (posed on a numbr of occasions) regarding the problem I have downloading pages from the Internet. What happens is that on clicking the page detail, and then File/Print, the usual printers appear and I choose Distiller (or Reader). The download usually results in the extreme righthand side - about 1" - 2" in, not appearing: ie the ends of words/sentences/pics on the righthand side are missing. Some pages on the Internet do download fully, but now many. Can anyone please advise?

-pops- 18:36 30 Jun 03

Are you meaning Acrobat or Adobe Reader?

Either way, the current version number for both programs is 6.0 click here it may be simply that you are using an out of date reader.

Note that the reader is now called Adobe Reader not Acrobat Reader.

Brian

cinemamagic 18:46 30 Jun 03

Thanks for reply. However, the problems has existed since purchasing Adobe Acrobat 5.0 and continued even with upgrade to 5.0.5. It may be that 6.0 corrects it, but unable to afford replacement. Furthermore, the 5.0 was only one existing and surely should have reached a stage where problem outlined was resolved. What is the use, otherwise, of using Adobe for copying pages off the Internet if not all info is captured. Is there some setting within the application that needs to be altered for Internet pages not set to 600pixels?

-pops- 18:58 30 Jun 03

Do I understand that you are downloading pdf files from the internet? If so, that means you will be using Adobe reader - which is free. Try downloading the version 6.0 and see if things are improved.

I have been using Acrobat Reader since version 2 (long time ago) and on a large number of computers. I've never experienced anything resembling what you are getting with any of them.

Brian

cinemamagic 20:17 30 Jun 03

Ok. Thanks. Will try reader 6.0 and see what happens.

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…