problem with displaying dvds

soanes 18:52 05 Jan 03
  soanes 18:52 05 Jan 03

Please can someone advise me on the solution to this problem. I have windows xp and I have loaded power dvd for watching dvds.Because of a previous problem I had to re-load windows xp, it seems thet since then I just keep on getting a error message that says"power dvd does not support the current display mode, Ddraw overlay mode is the recomended mode.etc". How do I change to the overlay mode?? I have downloaded the latest direct x drivers but I still keep getting this message. Please,please can someone help...Thanks in anticipation

SteevScotland 19:02 05 Jan 03

Try uinstaling power DVD and then reinstaling it. Not sure if It'll do the trick but worth a try.

Cheers S

brianthesnail 19:41 05 Jan 03

Remember that Windows Media Player has its own built in DVD player as does RealOne player. Maybe you don't need Power DVD.

Brian

bremner 19:52 05 Jan 03

I had exactly this problem and it was cured by reducing the refresh rate of the monitor.

soanes 20:56 16 Jan 03

I have tried uninstalling power dvd and re-installing but this still does not work.How can I disable the g-force graphic card to see if the on-board graphic card works!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…