Problem with display of .jpg using Publisher 2007

IT Phobic 13:20 11 Feb 08

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with this query.

I designed a simple website using MS Publisher 2003 and it has been working well. After having my logo redesigned as a .jpg I tried to add it to the website which I am now working on in Publisher 2007. Everything looks fine until I preview the website - when I preview it the .jpg becomes 'pixel-like' and has a black horizontal line along the top of the picture, which looks awful.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can prevent it? Thanks!!

IT Phobic 10:17 12 Feb 08

Hi,

Thanks very much for your response - you put me on the right track. I zoomed in on the logo (in a standard picture viewer) to find that there was no black line, but that when the graphic designer had converted their adobe illustrator file into a .jpg for me, the background wasn't true white.
Therefore when I made the logo much smaller and placed it on a true white background, the contrast between the two appeared as a black line on screen.

I opened the logo in 'Paint' and added a white line to the area causing the problem - it seems to have done the trick.

I tried compressing the picture which hasn't made any difference to the quality, but to be honest it looks pretty good now anyway.

Thanks ever so much for your help!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…