Problem with Dell Inspirion 1210 wireless

Beelin 21:22 23 Jun 09

We bought a new Dell Inspirion 1210 laptop in February this year. Last month it started playing up. It will pick up wireless signal (as it indicates excellent signal) but when we go on the internet, it doesn't load up the page, saying it can't find page etc. There's no problem with router because we have another Acer laptop which picks up fine. When we tried to repair, the laptop just freezes up. Rebooting didn't solve the problem.
Contacted Dell and the engineer tried to fix it by "taking over" the laptop, performed lots of diagnostic stuff, including spyware check. After 5 of these checks, he concluded that it is the spyware. I think it is a hardware problem.
Anyone has any ideas what it could be?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:38 23 Jun 09

Its usually a security problem, try deleting the network key and rentering it.

Beelin 19:25 24 Jun 09

I am not very techy. What is the network key?

julius44 19:48 24 Jun 09

Hi Beelin..the network key is the key or should I say code that u use to connect wirelessly to the internet the first time the laptops are set up...u may need to try again or as a last resort, u may need to set your router back to factory settings....and start from scratch, and give it a new network key....any probs post back a reply, there are loadz of people on the forum that will be able to help and advise u.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…