Problem deleting AVG

steve263000 09:07 12 Feb 07

I have purchaed the Windows Live one care program after having a few problems with AVG.(after a long problem free time) Now I cannot delete the final files, and whenever I try to run my email editor, a message comes up to say 'The add-in "C:\PROGRA-1\Grisoft\AVGFRE-1\avgxch32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu.'

Now I do want to repair it, just delete all of them. I have tried deleting from the programs menu, but some will not allow deletion. I would think that it must be a registry problem, but that is one side that i am not comfortable about playing with without help. So can someone point me in the right direction please?

bennyhillslovechild 09:17 12 Feb 07

You don't say what email editor you use, but if it's outlook, try removing that extension from the add>in manager. - Tools>Options>Other>Advanced Options....

birdface 09:23 12 Feb 07

Repair it, Then make sure that it is switched off, Then delete it,It cannot delete it while it is still running.

birdface 09:28 12 Feb 07

I should have said,Right click it on the quick start,Then press quit AVG control center.That should stop it running ,Then into your add remove and delete it from there,Like I said you may have to repair it first.

steve263000 16:33 12 Feb 07

The post from bennyhillslovechild worked thank you. There are still bits in the program file, but as long as the message does not keep coming up then that is fine.

Thank you for you help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…