problem default f3....? help me

maith 19:27 21 May 06

i have recently built a new computer. when i turn the computer it does everything right till it gets to the memory check after that under the memory check it says
f3....dos
default?
i press f3 with my windows xp cd in the cd drive and it says this is not a bootable disk press any key to try again i press a key and it says disk error please insert system disk.
why is this happening? someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diversion 19:57 21 May 06

You have go into BIOS and change the booting order to boot from CD, restart the PC and keep pressing the Delete button when the PC starts up go to advanced bios go down to booting sequence select boot from CD press enter, press F10 to save settings press enter again. The PC will restart be ready to press any key to boot from CD. And don’t forget to change the boot sequence back to what it was.

maith 20:23 21 May 06

i have tried this yet it still wont work. what do u think the problem is?

Diversion 20:39 21 May 06

Is it an OEM disc if so it should work or is there a problem with the memory on the PC.

maith 20:51 21 May 06

when i press f3 really quickly it says that this is not a bootable disc please insert a floppy disk press any key to try again i do this and it says disk error insert system disk.
i doubt there is something wrong with the memory on the pc.

daxian 22:39 21 May 06

hi maith....
f3 is used to boot from a floppy (win 98)dont press it ...and you should then move onto booting from cd .....

woodchip 22:47 21 May 06

Looks like the Memory speed needs changing in BIOS. You do not need a Disc to get into BIOS. It may let you in by pressing Delete key or f3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…