Problem copying to webspace

windtunnel 16:08 20 Sep 06

I'm on NTL broadband with webspace. I've created a website and wish to copy it to my space. I cannot upload to my webspace. Every attempt results in a "Time Out" error. I've copied my site files to a friend's PC and using the same ftp software there is no problem accessing my space. Are there any settings on my PC that could be blocking access? I've run out of ideas.

Bucko1 16:50 20 Sep 06

Have you checked to make sure that you haven't ticked the passive box? I don't use that FTP client but there should be somewhere that you specify Active or Passive upload. I also use NTL webspace and my uploads are "Active"

Bucko1 16:56 20 Sep 06

You could try this FTP client and it's free. It works very well click here

johnnyrocker 17:06 20 Sep 06

firewall?

johnny.

User-312386 17:08 20 Sep 06

when you log in to the ftp site are you putting your name and password in the log in box, i assume you are.

windtunnel 19:52 20 Sep 06

Thanks bucko1. I tried your FTP client + 2 more and all of them failed to connect. My login ID, password etc are all OK as I can connect using them from at least 3 other friends' PCs. I've disabled Norton with no improvement but daren't turn my firewall off - though I've set it's options to DEFAULT. I think I'll go back to sending postcards!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac