Problem connecting to internet, please could you assist ?

johnnyd473 21:04 18 Jan 14

Hello there guys and gals,

i really hope you can assist me as my dad is being driven to despair not being able to watch live streaming sports.

we have 2 laptops, mine which is downstairs sat next to the router and normally connects fine to the net, and my dads, which is upstairs, he gets 4/5 signal, but is constantly having problems with videos stopping, sometimes when my laptop is not in use.

also, on average, it takes his laptop (dell vostro) 15 mins to connect to the internet where as my laptop connects almost instantly.

we are on talktalk in uk and have an adsl2+ aol broadband router - huawei echolife hg521.

today the internet light went out a couple of times on the router and ofcourse we both lost a connection but after a reset both lappys are online and his sports are playing fine - for now.

please if you can assist me and my dad in fixing this problem we would be most appreciattive.

p.s. i believe weve got 5 odd mb broadband.

johnnyd473 21:08 18 Jan 14

p.p.s. we are both on 7

johnnyd473 22:25 18 Jan 14

sorry i think i may have already fixed it, i uninstalled wireless adapter driver, then rebooted and since then it takes 15 seconds to connect to the internet and the live streams seem ok at the moment, fingers crossed lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…