Problem connecting with the internet, no dial tone

nodder 1 11:07 06 Jun 08

I have a Dell 530 Inspiron. After recently moving the computer I have been receiving the error message"no dial tone" whenever I try to log on. The line is fine as I have used my home phone on it. Can anyone help? I live in Spain and the provider is Telephonica Esp.
PLEASE NOTE: I AM A COMPLETE THICKO WHEN IT COMES TO THINGS INVOLVING I.T., SO WORDS OF ONE SYLABLE OR LESS WHEN REPLYING PLEASE.I

johnnyrocker 11:44 06 Jun 08

are you actually on dial up or broadband?

johnny

woodchip 13:38 06 Jun 08

Where he is, I would say Dial-Up phone line.

You need to remove your connection and re-create a new one in connection Wizard in Control Panel. You need you User name and Password

ricardo espana 17:23 06 Jun 08

Hello nodder 1, I also live in Spain. near Alcala la Real. I imagine you are on Dial-up and therefore it is quite easy to re-set up for Telefonica.

Unfortunately, we do not have the luxury of creating a seperate USERNAME and PASSWORD on dial-up. The USERNAME and PASSWORD is standard for all dial-up users in Spain as the billing is for your telephone number.

The USER NAME IS [email protected]
The PASSWORD is telefonicanet

If you are using ADSL you can reset using their website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…