problem connecting to ftp server

2CV6 09:38 10 Dec 04

Hi, I've use the old fashioned Trellix Web for years to create and update my own websites. A friend wants me to take control and manage/update his website from now on. I made a page and tried to send it to his site to see if I had control but the error cannot connect to ftp server appeared. It states that this error is usually a non connection to the internet. I was connected. All the dialogue boxes were filled in correctly with site name, url, ftp server, host [any provider], user name and password. The trellix files have a .tlx extension, could this be something to do with the fault. Help appreciated. 2cv6.

Forum Editor 12:22 11 Dec 04

It used to be the case that when you published a site from Trellix for the first time to the Web Host that supplied the software, the program would visit a site supplied by Trellix that configured the appropriate settings for that particular Web Host. Unfortunately, this function no longer works since there is now no partnering relationship between Trellix and most Web Hosts and the special configuration site no longer exists.

That means that if you visit a new host your copy of Trellix will have no FTP settings configured, and there's no way for you to manually configure them, which means that you can't publish. If you want to work with other web sites on other servers I suggest that you use some better software - like NetObjects Fusion, or Microsoft FrontPage.

Alternatively you could upload html pages via one of the many available FTP programs like WSFTP
click here You can try it free of charge for 30 days.

2CV6 13:37 13 Dec 04

Hi, I went and bought the upgrade to Trellix, called Cutesite builder and all works ok now. Thanks for your help. 2cv6.

Forum Editor 18:36 13 Dec 04

I'm glad that Cutesite builder does the trick - I hadn't heard of it before now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…