Problem connecting front USB

en1gma12 19:33 30 May 04

Hi,

I recently bought a new pc case with front USB's. I'm not sure how to connect them to the motherboard. The USB connectors have 4 wires each and they are labelled vcc1 & vcc2 (one for each port) data+ and data-(2 of each) and ground 1&2. The diagram in my motherboard manual has the pins labelled as +5v 1&2 which I know are the vcc connectors, P+ & P- (2 of each) and ground 1&2. The problem is, do the connectors labelled data+ & - connect to the pins labelled P+ & -? Its thrown us out with the pins on the motherboard being labelled 'P' rather than 'data'. Any ideas?

Kat.

ps, I hope you understand what I've written.

Mo H 19:39 30 May 04

what type of motherboard is it please?

Mo H 19:49 30 May 04

click here

See connections lower dwon page. May help you

Bowsprit 20:33 30 May 04

Shown is one set of connections the other is the same order.

Connections Motherboard

V1 = +5v
Data + = P+ (usb)
Data - = P- (usb)
G = Gnd

Mo H 20:41 30 May 04

Red Wire = +5v
White = Data - (USB -)
Green = Data + (USB +)
Black = Gnd

If you are trying to set up 2 USB front ports and have 5 pins then the first Ground can be avoided.

See Header Connections on my previous link. I have just ripped out my kids and checked them. It will work.

en1gma12 20:43 30 May 04

Thanks for that, I had a feeling that the 'data' connectors went on the 'p' pins but wanted to make sure before trying it.

Kat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…