Problem connecting Buffalo modem router.

statik 10:14 27 Sep 08

I am trying to get a Buffalo WBMR-G300N modem router to work.I have wired it up properly and put in the correct details from my ISP.The only thing that I can see that could be a problem is the internet connection light does not come on.
When I connect my old Belkin router it works fine.
I spent two whole days on the phone to Buffalo but the line was constantly engaged.

mgmcc 16:50 27 Sep 08

Silly question but are you connecting the Buffalo Modem/Router to the phone line with the cable that came with it and *NOT* with the one used to connect the Belkin Modem/Router?

RJ11 sockets can be wired differently in different modems, i.e. wires crossed over.

statik 17:38 27 Sep 08

I did eventually try the new cable but it made no difference.The instructions say all lights will turn on when you connect the various cables even before you enter your ISP connection details.The internet light has never come on ever so it may be fault in modem.
I wouldn't mind so much but it seems impossible to contact Buffalo.I will try email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…