Problem connecting 2 PC's on LAN

I have 2 PC's on a LAN but cannot connect in 1 direction between 1 of them.
PC 1 is XP-PRO and PC 2 is windows 2000.
I can get access to shares from 1 to 2 but not from 2 to 1. Both are in the same workgroup.
When I try to connect from PC 2 to 1 I get the message Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.
This has happened since I rebuilt the XP machine but I never used to have a problem.
I have checked all the settings I can think of but cannot resolve this problem.......?????????

bvw in bristol 19:11 12 May 03

Do you have the same password on each machine?

If not make them identical and try again.

There are multiple accounts on the XP machine but one account is set up with the same name and password and the same admin rights.

Having checked administrative tools\local security settings\access this computer from the network, the guest account was missing.I added and all is now OK

Hobby 19:52 13 May 03

I have 2 PC's on LAN, access to files and printers is OK, but I have problems with TCP/IP games connections.Any ideas ?

Hobby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…