problem with colour printing

fstr 15:38 09 Feb 04

I scanned some photos with black widow 1248 home scanner into paint shop pro eight adjusted contrast hue etc perfect on monitor but rubbish from printer wrong colours brightness etc. printer epson stylus photo 810.

Diemmess 16:05 09 Feb 04

I think you can leave the scanner out of the argument.

Something is out of joint either with the parameters of the saved file or the printer's software.

Assuming you don't have an "out of ink" problem check the size and saved format of the file.

Again: Has anything else been changed recently?

If its not the file, and not an ink problem you may have to re-install the printer drivers, but do check that it will print Windows testpage first.

arricarry 16:11 09 Feb 04

Hello
Do you have Epson Photoquicker, that usually prints well.
You do not state the type of paper or dpi that you are using, plain paper is always crap.
Are the settings on automatic or custom.
Are you using compatible ink or Epson?
Regards

Diemmess 16:15 09 Feb 04

Can you print a coloured web page? Any page will do, like the home page of a supplier.

fstr 17:03 09 Feb 04

web pages print ok am using hp photoquality semi gloss paper have photoquicker on isc will try that using compatible inks but have tried epson only very slightly better.

GeeWizzz 17:09 09 Feb 04

I have a different Epson printer but if the quality deteriorates use the Epson Utility to print a test sheet. This uses a minimum of ink but will indicate if a particular colour is the problem or if the heads need cleaning.

After every cleaning reprint a test sheet and reclean if necessary.

For best results on an Epson printer, use Epson Inks and Epson Paper even if they are ridiculously priced by the greedy bees.

anchor 17:31 09 Feb 04

I have had various Epson inkjet printers over the years, and the symptoms you describe certainly suggest the need for head cleaning. Follow the recommendation of GeeWizzz.

I am surprised that you are using HP paper, as I have found this not very good on Epsons, although that is not the cause of your trouble here.

Rubroy 18:12 09 Feb 04

Hi fstr

I symphathise with your problems. I run an Epson Stylus Photo 925 which, like kids is very good when its good and when its bad its horrid!. My tips from experience:-

1. Always use Epson paper and inks and the best qualty photo paper you can afford

2. Keep a close (very close) eye on the head cleaning. Epson is bad at getting clogged up. My previous HP had self cleaning heads which NEVER clogged.

3. Watch the ink supply. The wierdest effects are when the black ink runs out or gets clogged. The remaining mix of colour is a mess!

4. Don't use compatible inks on Epson printers. No advertising and no personal interest - but suggest you look at 7dayshop.com to save money on genuine Epson cassettes.

Best of luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant