problem with clipart in Word XP.

gracecee 21:24 09 Jan 03
  gracecee 21:24 09 Jan 03

recently installed word XP and when clip art is called up only a blank square appears. Seems OK in other XP programmes (excel and powerpoint) but obviously Word is where clip art is most needed.
Anbody any ideas?

VoG™ 22:08 09 Jan 03

Have you tried in Word, Help/Detect and Repair?

Peter E 22:09 09 Jan 03

I don't have word XP just 2000. However under Tools - Options - View is a box called "picture placeholders". It should not be ticked if you want to see the pictures rather than a placeholder. May be it's similar in Office XP.

Regards

gracecee 19:04 10 Jan 03

Very many thanks to VogG and particulary to Peter E, who suggested I should untick placeholders box.
to enable clip-art. This has worked, and I am so
grateful to you.
I can now send some pretty correspondence!!
regards Graceee.

Peter E 19:46 10 Jan 03

Glad you've resolved the problem. Incidentally, the box is there to speed up your work. Graphics take time to refresh when you scroll etc so if you switch them off temporarily things work faster. Also, apart from this site, here is another good site to put in your favourites if you use Word.

click here

I think it was recommended on this site but I can't remember by who - so many thanks to whoever it was.

Regards

gracecee 19:41 11 Jan 03

PeterE.

Many thanks to you again - the Micro Word Site
is most interesting, only points out to me how little I know!!.
Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…