Problem with click here on the Forum

Totally-braindead 03:47 25 Nov 05

Annoying problem bothering me tonight for some reason and its not done this before and I've altered no settings.

When I click on a "click here" link in a thread to go to another webpage it moves the page I'm on to the new page instead of opening another window. Anone know of what has been altered or how to change it back? Is it something to do with the website or my PC.

watchful 07:39 25 Nov 05

Under Tools/Options/Advanced/Browsing look down the list of boxes and check that the boxes are ticked for 'allow third party browser extensions'(needs re-start) and 'enable page transitions'.

Totally-braindead 15:38 25 Nov 05

Thanks for that watchful but they are already ticked. Any other ideas anyone?

ACOLYTE 15:43 25 Nov 05

Try looking at re use windows for launching shortcuts if its ticked untick it.

Totally-braindead 15:45 25 Nov 05

Now this is weird, tried the click now just before I looked at the Internet Options that watchful suggested, did not alter anything as the two boxes were ticked but now I've found its working and opening another window. Can only assume that looking at the options somehow did something. Since it appears to be working for whatever reason I'll tick it as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…