problem choosing the right router

Emporio 23:08 14 Dec 05

I have broadband with Telewest, I have the phone, internet and the TV package with Telewest. I have 3 laptops at home and would like to be able to be online at the same time. i am very confused need help in selecting the right wireless router package. I called up telewest they don't support it, thus are refusing to help me. They say my internet broadband is coming from the phone. I have been on many websites looking for a router and Pc card deals but can't seem to choose, as they are all differnt, some say DSL some say ADSL etc. Please help me choose a correct router package, i.e. please name a package, one which will work, as I have been told if I buy the wrong one I will not be able to exchange it.

LivEviL 23:13 14 Dec 05

first of all do u know if ur on adsl or dsl im not sure what the difference is but im on adsl! have a look on ur current modem or modem package it normaly says 'dsl modem' or adsl 'modem'
second of all i would suggest takin a look at either belkin or Netgear! im on a netgear wireless router it works well and i no people who use belkin and they also work well! also belkin u can have the usb wireless areials which have a extention to them for better signal reception!
mayb this topic would be better suited in the networking forum

phono 23:38 14 Dec 05

ADSL is an acronym for Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line, see here click here for further information.

DSL has equal upload and download speeds.

nerawan 10:43 15 Dec 05

BT is offering a Router/Modem. This is what you need. An integrated router/modem so you don't have to connect both of them. I made a mistake when I boght a router (only) with an ethernet connection. It was supposed to connect to my modem wich has an USB connection. So I can't connect both of them now.

Rigga 11:24 15 Dec 05

see broadbandbuyer here.. > click here <

It explains that you need a broadband router for Cable internet connections.. NOT an ADSL router!!!

HTH. R.

Rigga 11:26 15 Dec 05

btw.. the link above are all wired routers..

the wireless one's are here > click here <

HTH.
R.

uisquebeathus 13:14 15 Dec 05

Telewest have a special discount offer with Netgear for network solutions strange that they did not mention this
here
click here
or here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…