problem with CD and DVD driver.

nuhim172 21:07 01 Feb 06

i dont why but when i look at my device manager i have my CD and DVD rom driver with an explanation mark at the end of them. hence the reason my driver not picking up any CDs when i insert them. Could anyone tell me how to resolve the problem, how do i install the driver for the DVD and CD drivers. system spces: click here

thanks

VoG II 21:11 01 Feb 06

Whilst connected to the internet, right click the drive in Device Manager, select Update Driver.

woodchip 21:12 01 Feb 06

In Device Manager choose uninstal for the drives then restart Windows to see if it corrects it.

woodchip 21:13 01 Feb 06

PS Windows loads drivers from Windows CD. So Windows may have a Corrupt file.

Stuartli 21:20 01 Feb 06

If you Uninstall/Remove both drives in Device Manager and reboot, Windows should Find New Hardware and reinstall the basic CDROM drivers.

Check that both drives' leads and cables are firmly attached before the dual uninstalling.

nuhim172 23:58 01 Feb 06

i uninstalled the driver and when i restart the laptop it did say that new hardware but i still go the same problem. i also tried to update but that did nothing. When i had a look at the status it said:
Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)
Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

do you think this caused the problem: click here

do i need to reinstall the whole system in order to resolve the problem.

thank you

woodchip 10:28 02 Feb 06

Then you have got most likely a Faulty Ribbon cable that connects the drives to Mobo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…