Problem on Canon Pixma IP4300

bruno 15:52 28 Feb 08

I had one sheet of paper jammed on this 15 month old printer.I carefully removed it, but the printer will not stop sending me the "Paper Jammed" message, and after restarting it to get rid of the message it passes one sheet of paper through without printing and then gives out the message again.At the suggestion of their support department, I unplugged it and left it overnight and uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Non of this cured the problem.I e mailed the support dept. and after two days they also told me to leave it unplugged overnight (even though I told them it had been done).
I have more faith in the members here than I have in Canon, so if anyone has any helpful suggestions I will be happy to hear them.

Clapton is God 16:02 28 Feb 08

Uninstall the software again.

Disconnect the printer from the PC.

Install and run click here (including 'Issues') to get rid of any left over references to the printer and then re-install

bruno 16:17 28 Feb 08

Thanks.I will try that now.

Totally-braindead 16:30 28 Feb 08

If that doesn't work have a really good look for a tiny scrap of paper, it really doesn't take much to jam it up. And I mean tiny.

bruno 16:42 28 Feb 08

Clapton is God
I tried that and it is just the same, but thanks for the suggestion.
Totally-braindead
I will have another look, although I had a pretty good look before.What is bugging me is that it passes a clean sheet of paper through for one cycle before putting out the message.

bruno 17:13 28 Feb 08

Can't find any trace of anything in there.Canon suggested it might be a faulty paper sensor but gave no indication where it was and I can't see anything that looks like a sensor.

bruno 08:34 29 Feb 08

bump

evert1 11:58 07 Mar 08

Hello Bruno,
Have you already found a solution for your problem?
If so, could you please tell me what it was? I have exactly the same problem with my 4300.
Thanks very much in advance.
Regards,
Evert

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…