Problem burning DVDs

Luthien 13:04 18 Mar 05

I have a number of short films - 20-30 mins duration - including some home videos, put together using Windows Movie Maker, creating WMV files. I used WinAVI Video Converter to create the DVD files, and then either Nero (latest version) or CopytoDVD to burn the DVD. My problem is, when I select more than one compilation, only one ISO file gets burned. WinAVI names all conversion the same, so I tried renaming these, but no joy. As these movies are no more than 30 mins I expected to be able to burn 5 or 6 onto the one DVD. Am I missing something? As a comparative newbie, I guess this must be so. Please help before my collection of coasters grows any bigger.

daxian 13:52 18 Mar 05

hi luthien ....
you will need a dvd authoring program to put more than one file on dvd ,windows movie maker is a start (in xp ).
you will need to create a menu system with this software, then add your files in the sequence they will be viewed before burning to disk .
if your version of nero includes nero vision express this also can be used ....
hope this helps ......

roisin dubh 15:41 18 Mar 05

Further to what daxian said, I can recommend the tmpgenc dvd author, it will let you add several tracks to the project, create a menu page with several first start options, such as play dvd straight away, display menu at start or play first track only.It aslo has a pretty nifty chapter edit menu which lets you specify regular lengths for chapters or individually enter chapter points. Have used this for a long time now and wouldn't consider using anything else. The same company also does a dvd file creator tmpgenc which gives you a lot more control over the output, quality and various other aspects of dvd file creation. To convert to iso/nrg files I use IMGtool burn, a free utility called daemon drive might be worth checking out too, its a dvd drive emulator, basically it sets up an imaginary cd/dvd drive on your computer to enable you to play the iso file as a real dvd before burning to disk. useful for ironing out any bugs/ensuring files work before converting blank dvd's to expensive coasters. Finally to burn with use a very good/very free programme called dvd decrypter, very reliable and fast, even if the end music is annoyingly chirpy in a mexican takeaway sort of way

GroupFC 15:49 18 Mar 05

Book marked!

VideoSentry 16:03 18 Mar 05

Booked

Luthien 17:20 18 Mar 05

I'll get downloading right away and try out your recommendations - it all sounds so simple when you guys explain things, hope my experience is the same. Many thanks, guys, I appreciate you sharing your expertise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…