Problem with Brother HL2130 printers

xania 11:33 28 Jun 13
Answered

We have a number of quite new (less than 6 months old) Brother HL2130 printers in our office. Three of them have now started printing a show of the print lower down the page. In have tried replacing both the ink cartridge and drum in one printer only to find the problem recurring only a few pages later. The cartridges are mostly compatibles but, in one case we were using originals. I have posted the problem with Brother, but at that time only one printer had shown the problem - now two others have started.

Operating systems - mostly Windows XP but one Windows 7

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same or similar problems with Brother printers and, if so, what they did about it.

woodchip 12:43 28 Jun 13

Have you tried removing the Printer and software then reinstalling it? as it sounds like a Driver corruption problem

xania 13:49 28 Jun 13
Answer

Hi Woodchip

No - the software isn't repeating the document - its clearly the physical printer that's causing it to print a shadow. Its almost as if the small roller is retaining a little ink and put that on the paper lower down. What I can't see is where this might be happening or why. Its also happening on 3 out of the 6 machines, which implies its either usage related or hardware related.

Nothing yet from Brother.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nvidia Titan X release date, price and specs UK: Nvidia's new Titan X GP102 for 2016 launching on 2t…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This Superman ride is a real rollercoaster that you wear a VR headset on

Apple 12-inch MacBook review (2016): A question of port