Problem with Brother HL2130 printers

xania 11:33 AM 28 Jun 13
Answered

We have a number of quite new (less than 6 months old) Brother HL2130 printers in our office. Three of them have now started printing a show of the print lower down the page. In have tried replacing both the ink cartridge and drum in one printer only to find the problem recurring only a few pages later. The cartridges are mostly compatibles but, in one case we were using originals. I have posted the problem with Brother, but at that time only one printer had shown the problem - now two others have started.

Operating systems - mostly Windows XP but one Windows 7

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same or similar problems with Brother printers and, if so, what they did about it.

woodchip 12:43 PM 28 Jun 13

Have you tried removing the Printer and software then reinstalling it? as it sounds like a Driver corruption problem

xania 13:49 PM 28 Jun 13
Answer

Hi Woodchip

No - the software isn't repeating the document - its clearly the physical printer that's causing it to print a shadow. Its almost as if the small roller is retaining a little ink and put that on the paper lower down. What I can't see is where this might be happening or why. Its also happening on 3 out of the 6 machines, which implies its either usage related or hardware related.

Nothing yet from Brother.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites