Problem with Brother DCP-110C

twitcher 12:16 01 Dec 07

A friend of mine has just installed this multi-function device. After installing the software and connecting the device , Windows XP shows the printer and scanner installed correctly. He is able to print and copy but when he tried to copy a document to an email as an attachment, an error message showed that the printer wasn't properly connect to the PC.

The device came with a copy of Paperport 9SE and when he tries to copy a document to the software an error message shows an inability to connect to Twain. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Brother software and checked the connections but without success.

Any ideas or perhaps there a fault with the scanner?

johndrew 12:45 01 Dec 07

You say he is able to both print and copy. Is he able to save a copy to the PC? It may be that this is necessary for him to attach the document to the e-mail.

twitcher 14:55 01 Dec 07

No, there seems to be no interaction between the scanner and the PC other than to make a straightforward physical printed copy of a document.

johndrew 10:01 02 Dec 07

Any updated drivers available? click here Or may be software? click here

Or perhaps there may be some help click here click here

Failing these I should think it may well be a hardware problem.

twitcher 10:52 02 Dec 07

Many thanks johndrew. I've downloaded the drivers and I'll install them on Wednesday when I next see him - fingers crossed!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5