Problem Booting Windows 98

When i boot my Windows 98 machine i get an error saying

"Boot Failure
Boot and select proper boot device
or insert Boot media in selected Boot Device
Press any key when ready"

Once i press the any key windows 98 loads and works as normal. But i just want to get rid of this error message at the start. Hope you can help me.

Lozzy 11:18 31 Mar 03

Run Scan Disk and Defrag the system sounds like you have a poss corrupt boot file.

ok cheers anybody else got any ideas just about to try that

zanwalk 11:32 31 Mar 03

One possibility is that your hard drive is a little 'lazy' in spinning up to speed, this could mean it is nearing the end of it's life, although that is only a possibility, however, it would be wise to ensure that you have everything backed up of course. There may be a setting in the BIOS to change giving the HD more time to get up to speed, check and see, it will be under the boot section if it is there.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:34 31 Mar 03

Sounds like the HDD isnt set as first boot device in Bios and it reads/floppy/cd-drive first,might not be but worth a look.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:35 31 Mar 03

P.S.also check the isnt a floppy disk in A drive lol.

i have checked that the first boot device is c:\ and that there is no disk in the a:\ LOL. But this is a new computer so i dont think that the hard disk drive is at its end of its life.

Lozzy 11:42 31 Mar 03

How New?? If very new take it back under the warranty

week old

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…