Problem booting in safe mode

sunrunner 22:50 06 Feb 07

Hi all,

I need to boot my PC into safe mode but my keyboard and mouse are wireless so I cannot select any of the options to do this. My guess is it is because the drivers are not loaded at his stage. I dont have wired keyboard I can use. Is there anyway around this problem. Here's hoping
Thanks

Forum Editor 23:15 06 Feb 07

that Windows hasn't loaded the drivers at the stage where you need to select safe mode, but don't worry, you can still start in safe mode, and here's how (for Windows XP):-

Close all running programs.

Click Start, then Run and type: MSCONFIG in the box. Click OK

The System Configuration Utility appears, On the BOOT.INI tab, Check the "/SAFEBOOT" option,click OK and Restart your computer when prompted.

The computer will automatically restart in Safe mode.

Do what you need to do.

When you've finished, open MSCONFIG again, and on the BOOT.INI tab, uncheck "/SAFEBOOT" and click OK to restart your computer.

sunrunner 23:20 06 Feb 07

Thank you very much Mr Ed. For future purposes am I right in thinking that if I want re-install XP or install Vista(oooeerrr) I will have the same problem in having no keyboard use to select options. If so how would I do it?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…