problem at boot up on new pc build

pc mad 19:02 19 Oct 04

hi wonder if any one could help me, just built a new pc, when i press the start button, i just get three continuous bleeps, the mb is an as rock k7vt6 and the cpu is an amd sempron 2400+ on the box of the cpu it says the running speed is 1667 mhz i think thats right its so small, it dosent mention a fsb setting, the mb is set at 200mhz, can any one advise please

Dorsai 19:07 19 Oct 04

3 beeps can indicate a memory problem or a video problem. depending on long or short beeps, if i remmeber.

My best guess on a new build is that the AGP card is not pushed fully in. The agp sucket can be VERY stiff on a new board.

1667Mhz for a xp2200 amd cpu sounds about right.

chub_tor 19:36 19 Oct 04

The Asrock K7vt6 has an AMI bios . Three beeps indicates a memory failure in the first bank of memory. Try reseating it or changin it.

961 19:41 19 Oct 04

If you have more than one memory card try taking one out or different sockets or re-seating etc

Dorsai 20:13 19 Oct 04

If it's a memory prob, as suggested, one possible answer is to take it ALL out. The PC should boot, but stop with an error, along the lines of 'no extended memory'

IE. "Everything is working, but i can't go any further than this, with no memory."

What type of memory have you used? IF the FSb is running faster than the memory can go, it will not work. And 3 beeps is the Mobo's way of telling you this.

SEASHANTY 21:31 19 Oct 04

K7VT6 specification
click here

pc mad 22:05 19 Oct 04

hi thank you every one for advice, i put in another stick of memory and booted ok, have another problem now though, trying to install xp, both by 6 set up floppies and xp cd rom,dosent start to install set up files all i am geting is a blue windows set up screen, any one advise please

georgemac 22:51 19 Oct 04

I think an amd semperon 2400 should be running at 166 fsb

what type of ram do you have in the pc? pc3200 or pc2700 - you may be overclocking the memory as well as the cpu - not familiar with the asrock mobo - will have a look tomorrow

georgemac 22:55 19 Oct 04

do not have time to download mobo manual just now - how do you know fsb is at 200(400) - is this set by jumpers or in the bios?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…