Problem with BenQ monitor

I am experiencing an intermittent problem with a BenQ FP791 flat panel monitor. Sometimes during start-up or a reboot, the ?No Signal Detected? message appears on the screen, which then goes blank. The same problem always occurs after entering standby mode.

I have emailed BenQ about this problem and to their credit, they have been quite responsive. I do however have an issue with them because they have suggested that I try the monitor on a different machine and to make sure that I have all the latest Windows XP updates.

Firstly, I do not have access to another computer with a DVI connection (I am currently using this). Secondly I don?t understand how this can be a Windows problem for the following reason. If I unplug the monitor from the mains, reconnect it and then switch it on, the picture is always displayed. If the problem was with the PC then surely doing this would not resolve the problem. Furthermore, if it is an issue with Windows, the problem would not occur when the PC is first switched on re rebooted.

I intend to go back to BenQ on this but before doing so, I would like t know whether my theory is correct.

Many thanks.

Refresh

3Toed 11:48 30 Jul 03

Hi JamesF,
Although i havn't got the monitor you have,i am very much interested in this,as i was thinking of purchasing this very model.

I?m a little surprised you have had no response,as this model is currently PCA?s number one in the magazine-maybe a comment from PCA will be forthcoming to help with any feedback.?

I think its still a little early yet,as its a matter of the right person reading at the right time(things go down the list so much quicker now)

At least this has raised it again,if nothing else(even though I have a vested interest in the outcome)
:-)

refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…