Problem with BBC Radio Player

PinguJohn 22:13 14 Aug 06

I like to listen to BBC radio on my computer by logging on to bbc.co.uk/radio.

However, when I click on the 'Launch BBC Radio Player' button, the window that opens shows only a blank page.

The radio player help page states that if this happens try refreshing the page by pressing Ctrl+R, however, when I try this nothing happens. It also states that if refreshing the page does not work then what is called 'the frames-free version' can be used. Fortunately this does work.

What I would like to know is what could possibly be stopping the proper 'frames version' from working.

I am using Windows XP Home SP2 and Internet Explorer 6

ade.h 22:52 14 Aug 06

I wouldn't be surprised if the answer lies in the last line of your post. Try adding the BBC domains to the Trusted Zone of IE's options.

rdave13 22:54 14 Aug 06

Try updating real player.

Stuartli 23:04 14 Aug 06

Have you looked at the BBC's FAQs on its version of Real Player?

click here

PinguJohn 16:49 15 Aug 06

Thanks for your replies.

ade.h - sorry, but adding the BBC domains to the Trusted Zone of IE made no difference.

Rdave13 - my real player is fully up to date.

Stuartli - all the BBC's FAQ say is use 'the frames-free' version.

The problem must be the way 'frames' (whatever they are) are set to be displayed on my computer.

Any more help would be apreciated.

ade.h 17:05 15 Aug 06

What is the result in other browsers? There are good reasons why I have avoided IE for a long time now (this sort of thing is one of them).

PinguJohn 08:23 16 Aug 06

ade.h - I haven't got any other browsers installed to try.

As a matter of interest, it all works fine on my neighbours computer who also uses Windows XP Home SP2 and Internet Explorer 6.

kdt 11:00 16 Aug 06

my pc bbc prefers real player vs wmp

rdave13 11:05 16 Aug 06

The only thing I can think of is uninstall real player and then reinstall. Doesn't take long and no need to re register.

PinguJohn 08:38 18 Aug 06

I have McAfee Internet Security Suite installed.
After contacting them about the problem, I added the BBC site into the Allowed Sites in the Privacy Service and now everything works fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…