Problem With AVG UPDATE

Switcher 12:53 12 Feb 03

Having noticed on this site that an update was available for AVG. I downloaded the update now my AVG will not run claiming that it is an unregistered version. I use AVG Expert which was not a free version and have used and updated it for a few years now.

The original disk is not available at the moment to start from scratch. Any ideas on how to get it working again.

Terrahawk 12:57 12 Feb 03

normaly anti virus programs allow limited update usually a year from purchase after that period you have to renew your update subscrition ie pay for another year if you have been running yours for a couple of years this may be the case

Switcher 13:03 12 Feb 03

That's a point I had not considered Terrahawk must read the literature - if I can find it.

However I would have expected to receive some warning to prompt me to pay up also it may not be related but I believe that the latest AVG update was corrupted in some way.

Djohn 13:08 12 Feb 03

Download from the CZ site, it will come through fine, the US site is coming through with a fault at the moment.

When you open download manager, look to the right of screen and you will see a dropdown menu, choose CZ from there.

Switcher 14:00 12 Feb 03

The download was downloaded from CZ site.

Now when I start Expert AV it brings up a box saying unregistered version and quits.

rawprawn 15:51 12 Feb 03

When you guys were talking I didn't realise that there was an updated version as well as an update of virus data. I don't know about all of you but I am using the free version & all I did was ask it for updates, it downloaded the whole lot. The only difference was that this time I had to restart the computer to complete the installation

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…