problem with avg and avast

lisa1979 18:29 04 Feb 09

can anyone recommend a good antivirus apart from avast or avg as they block me internet connection once installed and also won't update!

birdface 18:36 04 Feb 09

next best is probably Avira.It will be interesting to see if that one downloads.Free one you want.click here

lisa1979 18:40 04 Feb 09

ok i'll try that one. they dwn load and install ok but then they say they outdated and then cnt get on internet either when they installed. really puzzled me lol

lisa1979 18:42 04 Feb 09

but like when i just tried avg again it started its scheduled scan, like it was set at 6pm. so its working somewhere but not how it should

lisa1979 18:56 04 Feb 09

downloaded avira and gettin same thing! wnt update! but its not takin my internet off though.

birdface 18:56 04 Feb 09

Have you tried.AVG.Tools.Advanced Settings. Ignore Faulty conditions.And make sure nothing is ticked.Or.Components.Double click update Manager.And make sure Start automatic updates is ticked.Also it should tell you when it was last updated.

birdface 18:57 04 Feb 09

No you have some sort of virus stopping you from updating any of your security programs for some reason.

tullie 19:00 04 Feb 09

There should be no problem with Avast or AVG.

Marko797 19:01 04 Feb 09

anti virus progs do u have installed?

If u haven't uninstalled the previous versions of whatever anti virus prog it might be the case that u are creating conflicts. Rule is: x1 anti virus prog only.

lisa1979 19:02 04 Feb 09

any idea how i find out what? or do u think it best i take it somewhere for them to have a look? just dnt understand it because up until this morning the only problem i was having with avg was that it wouldnt update but it still said antivirus was up to date and switched on. i could also get on the internet when it was on there. but then as soon as i uninstalled it earlier and went to install it again, its saying all this and blocks me gettin on net. but it also tells me on overveiw that last update was today :S but the update bar gets so far then freezes and says update manager failed!

lisa1979 19:04 04 Feb 09

hi marko797, yes i have uninstalled both antivirus's usin removal tools so should be removed properly should'nt they?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5