Problem with August's Coverdisc

Mike2002 13:47 20 Jun 04

Is any user having problems with the latest August Issue coverdisc?
It's extrememly eratic in operation - sometimes not loading at all. I swopped it over with the June issue, which worked fine. Then I returned to the August disc, which was no better. Sometimes it locks up the PC, and the CD-ROM drive continuously spinning away to no effect.

Pesala 20:55 22 Jun 04

There's an address to send it to for a free replacement. Don't have it to hand. Look at the CD cover or magazine.

Mike2002 22:16 22 Jun 04

Pesala: Yes I've sent an e-mail to them outlining the problem. I wondered whether a batch of CDs had maybe suffered from a fauly pressing, and if any other user was having problems.

It's similar to an installation disc I have for Corel WordPerfect. It freezes up the PC and I cannot even access the opening menu.
I made a copy of it using Nero. The copy works perfectly - the original is still useless, and there's not a mark on it.

woodchip 22:32 22 Jun 04

Funny you say that! "made a copy of it using Nero. The copy works perfectly" as I have done that on occasions that the comp could not read the CD direct, but NERO could make a copy and it would read perfect and make a readable copy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…