Problem with AOL and Norton Internet Security 2004

kayr 15:00 23 Jun 04

Have any of you experts out there experienced problems with AOL Broadband and Norton Internet Security 2004?

I have just purchased Norton having used the 2002 version previously without problem.

Using AOL 8 the product works after a fashion. Much of AOL own content is unaccessable. If NIS is disabled the programs become accesable and work fine.

I have completed DUN tests, checked physical connections, unistalled & reinstalled all programs AOL, Norton and the drivers for my modem BT Voyager 100 in the correct sequence order.

I have also configured all the aol programs to permit all access under the firewall configuration as advised by AOL.

But no success! AOL 9 does not work at all I get the message whenever I try to install it that my firewall is blocking access even if I have uninstalled and removed all folders relating to Norton. I can find nothing in AOL faq.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Kayrboy

Shas 15:15 23 Jun 04

I've used AOL since version 4 with NAV 2000. On the occasions I've had to remove Norton I've found you have to do a complete manual uninstall, including manually removing items from the registry etc., - just doing it from add/remove progs isn't enough. After unsuccessfully trying to upgrade to NAV 2003 (couldn't enable autoprotect), I went back to 2000. Have found now that AOL 9, bb, NAV 2000 and AOL's free McAfee firewall work OK, although I have to disable firewall and nav if I want to run any of the spyware programmes, otherwise they take literally hours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…