problem with aol broadband connection

klf 10:21 09 Jul 03

i am having continuous problems with my broadband connection, i am not very technical with computers all i know is the basics. I think it has something to do with the real 1 player it won't register me as a broadband user. i am sick of the dummies on the help lines i would like to know if anyone knows trouble shooting problems for my broadband connection.

Mango Grummit 11:11 09 Jul 03

Three questions klf. What size is your computer (megahertz)? What's your OS? Have you ever been connected at all?

The reason for the size question is that on my old small 700 machine I have to run the modem through a powered hub for a good stable connection. On the later larger machines there is no problem.

M

The Sack 11:42 09 Jul 03

a PC running at 700MHz or 10 GHz still only supplies a max of 500mA through the each USB port, it isnt that your PC isnt fast enough it is more that your motherboard cannot sustain the 500mA the modem is sucking up.

Mango Grummit 01:19 11 Jul 03

Any joy yet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…