Problem with AOL 9VR

mcdhu 17:58 17 May 09

It's a long story - I'll try to be brief! I suddenly started getting 'SNMaster.idx is missing' when trying to start AOL. Using AOL Help, I tried to find it using 'search' but it was not there. I tried to put a new download of AOL 9VR on top - same problem. Tried to uninstall AOL 9VR but the AOL Uninstaller couldn't find it! Via AOL Help, I now have a new version called AOL Desktop which works ok and any download od AOL 9VR immediately shuts down quoting 'Offset 70002c3b code 0000005. AOL 9 works ok on my other 2 computers, but not on the main PC and I prefer it as well as having my favoutites saved for it.
Please can anyone help.
Thank you

mcdhu 18:29 17 May 09

..........oh, and I forgot; Dell Dimension with lots of space and memory + Win XpHome

Marko797 18:33 17 May 09

go to aol live help...that's what they are there for, unless this facility has ceased. My isp is aol, but I prefer to use Outlook and IE8.

rdave13 18:35 17 May 09

Any help here; click here

mcdhu 20:56 17 May 09

Thanks Marko. I went to live help 3 times and all they could suggest was to uninstall and reinstall but that has not worked. Their last shot was to get me to download 'AOL Desktop' which works ok but I preferred AOL 9 VR. They don't seem to have an answer. I guess it is a conflict in the registry somewhere.

robin_x 09:59 18 May 09

I had problems recently when I reinstalled aol.
Not 9.0VR that was what I was after.

Eventually phoned aol hotline (it's in Ireland) and a very nice guy fixed me in 5 mins. They even answered the phone promptly.
They have a 3 in 1 fix it program which may or may not have also helped me. They will email it. Or send you a disc.

Try your File Connections software (is it in Control Panel?).
Create with a new Broadband connection and....
[email protected] + password when requested.

Then you can right click and connect on the connection to get reliably online.
I only use AOL browser for email. It is less cluttered. Have outlook as well for backup. Use IE8 most of the time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…