Problem - Allowing my internet conection to ......

Nazzarenu Boy 17:15 23 Jun 06

Hi ppl

When i am trying to make my internet connection shared by going in the network connection, right clicking on the conection and than properties .. afterwards i go to the advanced menu ..then clicking to allow to share my internet connection .. afterwards a message will pop out that my lan adapter will use the ip 192.168.0.1 and saying that my computer may lose connectivity wiht the other computer on the network. And saying also that if the ohter computers have static ip addresses, you should set them to obtain their ip addresses automatically.
What should i do?

When i press ok to enable ... the network do not communticate with each other.....and my internet connection says The specified destination is not reachable.

pls help me

thank forwardly ppl

mgmcc 17:39 23 Jun 06

Having enabled "Internet Connection Sharing" in the first PC (which will configure its Local Area Connection with the IP address 192.168.0.1), you need to set the other computer to get its IP address automatically. Right click its Local Area Connection, select Properties, highlight the entry for "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and click the Properties button. Select the options for "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically". The second PC will then get its addresses by DHCP from the first PC - the one whose internet connection has been shared.

You may need to change the settings in any firewall software you are running to take account of the changed IP addresses before your local network will work again.

Nazzarenu Boy 09:32 24 Jun 06

Thanks mgmcc

The problem was resolved . Thank you very much ... thanks

From
Nazzarenu Boy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…