problem after XP repair

merc. 12:16 26 Jan 03

on wednesday my comp. would not start got the message windows\system32\config\software missing or corupt. eventullay got it started of the XP disc and carried out the repair as I have seen on this helproom forms.only problem is it created a new user account so my old office 2000 drivers etc.are on the other account and i cant access them. aftre a while i have manage to get my documents copied over to the new accountand reistalled the drivers my comp. is working at the moment but i still cant get my old address book and e-mails over. isee on the post from davehyde yesterday he was asking something about outlook i was wondering if i coppied my local settings over if this would bring them back. i have found these .pst files that was in davehyde post but do i need to copy more then them to get ever thing work

what did i do wrong for this to hapen in the repair i have also lost the two arrows next to the clock instead there was a keyboard which i have manage to get rid of it was also confirgured to US settings but i hve manage to change them. as you will gather i am a novice at this so if any one can help please keep it simple. also should i scrub them all out and start again with the XP disc. i have 40 g hard drive.

Merc

ellas 13:02 26 Jan 03

strange I have done a repair with none of these problems,sure you repaired and not installed xp again.

merc. 13:36 26 Jan 03

ellas
this is what i dont know i only followed what i thought were the right instructions i my have installed it again hope someone can confirm.
plus give me some help.
Merc.

ellas 16:03 26 Jan 03

is this what you did as in this link click here;en-us;314058

ams4127 17:23 26 Jan 03

just as a matter of interest - did your computer die after installing the latest update from MS?

I got the same message as you, but couldn't repair as XP couldn't find any system to fix.

Then the HDD died!

I've had to buy a new one and am presently re-installing everything. I had carefuly backed up too - onto a second partition. So all that has gone as well!!

This has not been a good weekend!

merc. 17:25 26 Jan 03

ellias
had a look at the site not sure which one is my problem. only hoped someone could say if i can copy files to new user

merc.

merc. 17:29 26 Jan 03

ams 4127
no my computer started up ok after 40 minutes of repairing or reinstalling xp only problem is lossing all my files. i should also have said i installed the service pack 1 which started up no bother after install.

merc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…