problem after xp reinstall

Desperate-Dan 19:55 04 Apr 09

hi, I did a reinstall of windows xp, every thing went ok, I went online after installing A/V and firewall and downloaded servise pack 2, my problem is when I get to my desktop, my document window pops up, I can close it ok, but its annoying to keep closing it every time I get to my desktop

Mark5001 20:07 04 Apr 09

In the My Documents window, choose Tools -> Folder Options. Select the
View tab, and find the line "Restore previous folder windows at logon".
Uncheck it and see what happens.

Sea Urchin 20:10 04 Apr 09

Try downloading and running this script from Doug Knox

click here

Sea Urchin 20:15 04 Apr 09

..... or if no luck with that try

click here;en-us;555206

Sea Urchin 20:16 04 Apr 09

Sorry - here it is again

click here

Desperate-Dan 07:47 05 Apr 09

I downloaded the script from Doug knox from my own pc, the pc I was going to run it on the pc with the pop up, but when I booted up and got to the desktop it didn't pop up, so I restarted the pc about 6 times and it hasn't happened again so far, I've just tried it again this morning and I'm happy to say my documents pop up didn't happen, I googled it and apparently it happens when you install service pack 2, I will keep the script for doug Knox just in case, thanks for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple