problem after windows update

tequilla77 12:32 06 Sep 14

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this about 3 weeks ago I installed a Windows Update that caused a Bluescreen so i did a Systemrecovery.

That worked quite well since I could boot my pc normally again.

I reinstalled the Windows updates and didn't get a blue screen anymore.

Now I noticed that my pc became really slow every game I play that I could play on Ultra settings before, I now get 3-25fps on low settings and Ultra became unplayable.

I have already updated all my drivers, cleaned my pc, checked the temperature and also deactivated the onboard graphic card since i kinda hoped my pc would use the wrong one but, that didn't helped.

my computer: Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @3.30GHz RAM: 8GB Graphic Card: AMD Radeon HD 6870 Motherboard: ASROCK Z68 Pro3 Gen 3

If you need more info please let me know, I also apologize for my bad english/grammar it is not my native language.

spuds 13:52 06 Sep 14

According to Google there were a botched patch problem with some updates in August.

Perhaps a search in Google might have an answer to your problem (to many to provide links on this site).

Here's one link to look at regarding patches KB2982791- KB2970228 - click here

wescliff 15:16 07 Sep 14

I had the same issue, updates caused blue screen, system restore fixed it, then updates reinstalled and blue screen again. Went round in circles. Obviously it was a corrupt update, but I couldn't isolate which one. Eventually wiped the machine and reinstalled. Much better system and no more blue screens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017