problem after windows update

tequilla77 12:32 06 Sep 14

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this about 3 weeks ago I installed a Windows Update that caused a Bluescreen so i did a Systemrecovery.

That worked quite well since I could boot my pc normally again.

I reinstalled the Windows updates and didn't get a blue screen anymore.

Now I noticed that my pc became really slow every game I play that I could play on Ultra settings before, I now get 3-25fps on low settings and Ultra became unplayable.

I have already updated all my drivers, cleaned my pc, checked the temperature and also deactivated the onboard graphic card since i kinda hoped my pc would use the wrong one but, that didn't helped.

my computer: Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @3.30GHz RAM: 8GB Graphic Card: AMD Radeon HD 6870 Motherboard: ASROCK Z68 Pro3 Gen 3

If you need more info please let me know, I also apologize for my bad english/grammar it is not my native language.

spuds 13:52 06 Sep 14

According to Google there were a botched patch problem with some updates in August.

Perhaps a search in Google might have an answer to your problem (to many to provide links on this site).

Here's one link to look at regarding patches KB2982791- KB2970228 - click here

wescliff 15:16 07 Sep 14

I had the same issue, updates caused blue screen, system restore fixed it, then updates reinstalled and blue screen again. Went round in circles. Obviously it was a corrupt update, but I couldn't isolate which one. Eventually wiped the machine and reinstalled. Much better system and no more blue screens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…