Problem after upgrading RAM and graphics card

marka1980 22:21 18 Dec 08

Ive recently upgraded my emachines 3260 with 1gb of ram and a PowerColor ATI Raedon HD2600 Pro 256MB graphics card. Previously I had 768MB RAM and just using the Intel integrated 64MB grahics. Ive noticed a slight improvment on games, but my CPU often runs at 100% and the fan at full speed, sometimes even when just viewing videos on youtube with just firefox or IE running! The CPU is maxing out more than it did before the upgrade, whats going on, I thought the extra RAM and better graphics would take the load off the CPU not add more! Ive run AVG, Adaware and CCleaner, but its made no difference. Help!!!!
PS the CPU is a Celeron D335 2800Mhz, and the graphics card is PCI not PCI-E. I can post an Everest report if it helps!!

GaT7 02:27 19 Dec 08

I could only find a HD 2400 Pro PCI card at the PC website click here.

What drivers are you using btw?

Try the drivers for the 2400 click here (should be the same even if you have a 2600) & see if it makes a difference. G

marka1980 23:49 19 Dec 08

using the drivers from that site already, and I deleted the drivers for the intergrated graphics (i think!) Im really stuck for what it is. Do you think the processor is up to it?

GaT7 23:56 19 Dec 08

Does removing the new RAM module & installing the old stuff make a difference? Where did you get the RAM & graphics card from?

The CPU should run even better with a better graphics card! G

carver 14:27 20 Dec 08

Have you disabled the integrated graphic chip in the BIOS, if not then this could cause a conflict and cause all sort of problems.

GaT7 21:39 20 Dec 08

Good thinking carver.

I thought installing a dedicated graphics card automatically disables the onboard one? Well, just shows how I've taken this for granted in the newer hardware which does it automatically. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced