Problem after format

bukkaz 16:33 18 Aug 04

Bought a new PC with XP so let my son have old one. He has done a format with FDisk but now graphics card not recognised and DVD R/W will recognise CD's but put a DVD in and it says E is not accessible drive not ready.
Can't find any discs relating to the graphics card,which from memory was nVidia.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also what is position regarding Windows 98SE being used by him if he goes on line etc. Have got the disc which came when I bought original computer.
Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:50 18 Aug 04

No problems using windows98se online, licence applies to PC not person using it.

download new drivers from nvidia click here

Probably lost DVD readout software in the format need something like Power dvd. got a disk that came with the drive? or got one with your new pc?

Valvegrid 17:52 18 Aug 04

Its a pity he didn't come here first, nevermind, he is going to go around harvesting the various drivers off the internet for his hardware if he hasn't got them on disk.

Maybe a bit after the event, but this site may help:

click here

If you've got the original 98 disk, that shouldn't be a problem.

bukkaz 12:14 19 Aug 04

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Can't believe after all this he's told me he has the original installation disc,it had got mixed up with something else and everything ok now. The DVD problem seems to have cured itself. Put a DVD in and it said E not accessible device not ready. Tried again but left it to make a coffee and when I came back it had loaded up so touch wood he seems to be upand running. Thanks again,I find this site invaluable for an oldie like me who is not computer literate.

woodchip 12:20 19 Aug 04

After a Format, and No need to use FDISK to format. As He loaded the "Motherboard Drivers?" Graphics Drivers, and Sound Drivers, In that order. Then load Burning software as NERO

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…