Problem after disabling ACPI function

jules1315 11:04 17 Dec 03

I have had problems with my PC freezing and shutting down and had tried everything under the sun to resolve the problem, so I disabled the ACPI setting in the BIOS (to see if this would make any difference)and booted up the PC. Now its not recognising any of the PCI cards or USB. Just loads up as plain win98se. Even after setting ACPI to enabled and booting again. Any ideas? (mobo is Jetway 663AS Ultra)

BigMoFoT 11:38 17 Dec 03

RE-install Windows if I was you!!

You esentially disbaled the advanced power management settings in Windows.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:46 17 Dec 03

I think you are supposed to turn theses off without an OS installed,and i think the only way to get them back is to reinstall,not sure tho.

jules1315 11:50 17 Dec 03

Looks like I'll have to re-install windows then. What a pain!

Big Elf 11:51 17 Dec 03

This is just a stab in the dark. Make a note of your BIOS settings then remove the motherboard battery and setup the BIOS again.

jules1315 12:05 18 Dec 03

I cannot format my hard drive either. when going into DOS and typing FORMAT C at the c prompt it says its the wrong parameter. Has DOS gone from my system?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…