problem after cleaning PC

raggy 2 08:29 11 Mar 08

Hi
I took my PC off my desk last night to clean it (outside not inside) and dust it all down and after putting it all back I started it up and the screen now says
KEYBOARD ERROR
F1 to resume (which i cant)
F12 to boot

not sure of the rest of the exact wording as im at work and using work PC, family annoyed with me now, no PC etc I have tried unplugging everything and re-plugging it all but its the same message on my screen.
Any advice would be very welcome

rawprawn 08:46 11 Mar 08

If you were "dusting it" make sure that there are no keys stuck down.

Diemmess 08:47 11 Mar 08

It is possible that you have reconnected mouse and keyboard in each other's position if they are both PS2 connectors.

birdface 09:09 11 Mar 08

Will it work in safe mode.If so last good configuration or system restore.Check the keyboard plug that no wires were bent when putting it back in.If you have an other keyboard try that.I had to replace my grandaughters keyboard which had the same sort of problem.

woodchip 10:19 11 Mar 08

Press and Hold the start button to turn computer off, then check the Keyboard Connections

raggy 2 13:33 11 Mar 08

thanks to all of you that have replied i will check them all and if successful will be online tonight to let you know, if not will be back at work at 8am tomorrow.

Thanks again

raggy 2 07:47 13 Mar 08

just to say thanks to all that replied, my pc is now back up and running looked like a dodgy plug on the keyboard.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5