Problem after AVG update

tobykim 12:56 26 Mar 04

My friend called me today, she found that after installing the latest AVG update her computer looked as if it was running in safe mode (running windows 98) although when I checked it was in fact the display setting that had changed how I don't know, I've put that right, however now all the pages especially outlook express look larger than they should can you tell me how to reduct the size of the pages I've managed with the desktop but cant manage the rest of the pages, also when I was fiddling about I manages to put My Computer in the taskbar and now I can't get rid of it, I've tried to drag and drop it back where it should be but no luck and it won't allow me to delete

TBH1 13:40 26 Mar 04

now that is spooky - - I was blamin my wife for messing about with the screen resolution etc,. Yes, it looked as though it was in safe mode mode screen had been set to 16 colours or something and resolution of 400 by something or other. Changed it back and its been ok.

tobykim 13:44 26 Mar 04

Did it happen after you installed an update? it had changes to 16 colours I have changed it back so the desktop looks ok but the outlook express and internet pages look huge any idea how to reduce them and also how to get my comp out of the taskbar

canard 13:55 26 Mar 04

How odd. Got the update this am and restarted with no visible effects.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…