Problem adding more Memory

strawberries 19:53 19 Nov 03

I bought some extra memory from Crucial after taking advice on buying the right one for my computer.

I had no trouble putting it it but: The wizard said it could not find the software for it and could not install it, I also tried the Device manager. I have tried the other slots and still no good.

An e-mail was sent to Crucial for help all they told me was to contact my mother board suppier, Tyan, I did this and got no reply, I also sent e-mails to Mesh (four of them with full details) from whom I bought my computer, they just do not want to know.

Can anybody help please.Has anyone had the same prblem.

Colin

BarryKeith 20:10 19 Nov 03

There seems to be something wrong there, normally you fit new memory and it's there ready for use. A wizard appearing to install it sounds as though the system sees it as an additional piece of hardware that requires a driver. You should be able to see the amount of memory available as the computer starts up when it goes through the memory test.

Cretin07 21:33 19 Nov 03

yes that is correct. right click on my computer and should say how much ram you have. see if it is registered.

john-232317 21:36 19 Nov 03

BarryKeith is right, Where did you put it in ?

Cretin07 21:40 19 Nov 03

obviously something wrong with his mobo if it deteccts ram as a hardware.

strawberries 20:39 23 Nov 03

Memory seems to have righted itself, don't know how, but thanks to the four who tried to help

Colin

john-232317 14:55 24 Nov 03

Must have remembered what it was supposed to be,,:-)

I wished we had some smileys.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…