problem with adding extra email

rgtyfhr 08:19 04 Dec 13

I am using talktalk and I need to create an extra email address and according to talktalk there should be an "add email" item in the lefthand colomn of windows mail but I can't see it. All I want to do is create a new email address and put it in the lefthand colomn of windows mail so that I can use it for in and out emails, any advice please my os is windows 7. thanks

Secret-Squirrel 08:53 04 Dec 13

"I am using talktalk and I need to create an extra email address"

Have you created the new address on the TalkTalk website yet? If not then have a look here. Once the new address has been created you can add it to your e-mail client.

"...according to talktalk there should be an "add email" item in the lefthand colomn of windows mail but I can't see it"

Because you're running Windows 7, I'm assuming you're referring to Windows Live Mail. To add a new e-mail account, click the little blue button top-left - see here, click the "Add" button, choose "Email Account" then follow the prompts to add your new address.

Muergo 01:42 05 Dec 13

Thanks Secret Squirrel, I am glad I found this thread, I've not bothered before about another email account but now I need one in a hurry thanks to a Government Agency beta site screwing up I can't get into it. Customer Services!! says start again with new email address as other is now blocked.

How many can you have, do they all have to end up "talktalk.net" as with my current one.?

Secret-Squirrel 08:53 05 Dec 13

Hi Muergo

As far as I know you can have up to five e-mail addresses, and yes, they'll have talktalk.net at the end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…