Problem with Adaware

Kaacee 11:24 17 Jan 07

I am experiencing a problem with the latest update (17/01/07) when i connect to lavasoft and click download it goes through the motions and states finished, but, the date does not change to todays date it remains at 08/01/07 which was the last update i did.......

any ideas

Sethhaniel 11:36 17 Jan 07

same happenend with mine on monday and when on site yesterday had to click refresh for it to actually get the right update -- but zip was corrupt - so back for another go today :(

Jim Thing 11:44 17 Jan 07

I've just updated my AdAware after reading your post. Everything happened normally (possibly a bit slower than usual) and the Status panel is now showing today's date.

Kaacee 11:59 17 Jan 07

thanx Seth & Jim for quick response...the update went through fine on my desktop ..it was my daughters laptop that i had the problem ....just a thought...would not havin admin rights prevent me doing this update???

jolorna 12:21 17 Jan 07

status panel showing todays date here as well

Jim Thing 12:57 17 Jan 07

"would not havin admin rights prevent me doing this update???"

I'm afraid I don't know — but I'm sure that there are people on this forum who do. I'd have thought that, if admin rights are necessary, you would have seen some kind of message to that effect.

Kaacee 14:51 17 Jan 07

Looks like admin rights was the problem....changed my access from limited to admin, downloaded Adaware update and went through as per norm.....as you say Jim, i would have expected an error message but still all ok in the end...

Thank you all for your input.

Will tick as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…